Genie garage door openers are some of the most popular on the market, but even the best models can experience problems from time to time. Is your garage door opener creating a problem? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. In this blog post, we will explore problems that Genie garage door openers often encounter. We will also discuss how you can go about Genie garage door repair by choosing experts.
Five Most Common Problems with Garage Door Openers
1. THE GARAGE DOOR WON’T OPEN OR CLOSE
This is the most common problem with garage door openers. To determine the underlying cause, it is essential to examine various factors, including:
- Check any obstructions hindering the opening and closing of the door.
- The sensors use infrared light to detect objects in the door’s path. If the sensors are dirty or misaligned, they may not be able to detect objects, and the door will not open or close.
- Make sure the opener is plugged in and turned on.
- If the opener is not working properly, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
2. THE REMOTE CONTROL DOESN’T WORK
If the remote control for your garage door opener doesn’t work, there are a few things you can check:
- Check the batteries in the remote control and make sure they are fresh.
- A damaged remote control needs to be replaced to restore optimal functionality.
3. THE GARAGE DOOR MAKES A NOISE
Garage doors can make noise for a variety of reasons, including:
- If the door is not balanced properly, it can make a noise when it opens and closes. To balance the door, refer to your owner’s manual.
- If the door is binding, it can make a noise when it opens and closes. To troubleshoot a binding door, refer to your owner’s manual.
4. THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER STARTS AND STOPS
If the garage door opener starts and stops, it may be due to a problem with the sensors. The sensors are the two small devices that are located on either side of the door opening. If the sensors are dirty or misaligned, they may not be able to detect objects, and the door will start and stop.
5. THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER REVERSES WHEN IT TOUCHES THE FLOOR
If the garage door opener reverses when it touches the floor, it may be due to a problem with the force settings. The force settings determine the degree of pressure the door opener exerts while opening and closing it. If the force settings are set too high, the door may reverse when it touches the floor.
How to Fix Common Genie Garage Door Opener Problems
If you are experiencing any of the problems listed above, you can try to fix them. However, if you are not comfortable working on your garage door opener, it is best to call a qualified technician.
Preventing Garage Door Opener Problems
The best way to prevent garage door opener problems is to perform regular maintenance. This includes:
- Checking the batteries in the remote control regularly.
- Balancing the garage door regularly.
- Lubricating the garage door opener regularly.
- Inspect the garage door and opener for signs of wear and tear regularly.
Genie Garage Door Opener Replacement
If the problem still does not get resolved, getting your Genie garage door opener replacement is the best option. Replacing a garage door opener is not a difficult task, and it can be done with basic tools and skills. However, if you are not comfortable replacing it, you may call a qualified technician.
By addressing these five common Genie garage door repair problems, you can save time as well as money. However, if you encounter complex or major issues, it’s best to seek professional help. Enjoy the convenience of a smoothly functioning garage door and the peace of mind that comes with it.